01.04.2019 – 01.03.2020
Ministry for Social Affairs, Health and Equality of Lower Saxony
Tobias Hayer, Universität Bremen
Based on student survey data of the KFN (representative for the federal state of Lower Saxony), the project will generate findings on the current consumption behavior of adolescents in Lower Saxony and their utilization of addiction prevention.
The research project has the following objectives:
- Compilation of a comprehensive updated epidemiological overview of all risk consumption patterns of ninth-graders in the spectrum of substance- and non-substance addiction risks (nicotine consumption, alcohol consumption, drug consumption, medicine consumption, gambling consumption, computer game consumption). In the case of gambling consumption and substance consumption, different product forms will be differentiated (e.g. participation in sports betting vs. lottery games).
- Determination of prevalence estimates of problematic use (intoxication, alcohol-related disorders, gambling disorder and gaming disorder) among ninth-graders in Lower Saxony.
- Utilization of addiction and crime prevention services by young ninth-graders in Lower Saxony.
- Coverage of addiction prevention in Lower Saxony from the perspective of young ninth-graders in Lower Saxony differentiated between consumption risks.
- Regional comparative analyses of the most important risk parameters and the coverage of addiction prevention (especially comparative analyses according to degree of urbanization).
- School type comparative analyses on the most important risk parameters and the coverage of addiction prevention.
- Gender-specific analyses regarding the most important risk parameters and the coverage of addiction prevention.
- Migration status comparative analyses referring to the most important risk parameters and the coverage of addiction prevention.
- Derivation of recommendations promoting addiction prevention in Lower Saxony based on the evaluations carried out.